Speaking of airplane mode, I wonder how many Starlink satellites could be
damaged from a big coronal mass ejection?   If the computers get fried, how do
deorbit protocols work?

From: Friam <friam-boun...@redfish.com> On Behalf Of Roger Critchlow
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2024 6:08 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam@redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] A hundred words for swindle

The web apps were originally done while I was in Boston, I like the idea of web
pages which can be downloaded and installed on your phone, or tablet, or laptop
to provide entertainment while trapped in airplane mode.

  change.elf.org <http://change.elf.org>  - the iching in multiple translations
which install lazily, once you install the app and access the version.

  mahjong.elf.org <http://mahjong.elf.org>  - mahjong solitaire, recently
updated to allow backtrack to arbitrary points in the discard pile.

  hp15c.elf.org <http://hp15c.elf.org>  - a web app wrapper around the HP15C
calculator emulator written by Greg Hewgill.

  moons.elf.org <http://moons.elf.org>  - a lunar phase graphic calendar, due
for an update, too.

I'm working on some more.

-- rec --