https://people.brandeis.edu/~blebaron/classes/agentfin/

On 4/26/24 07:44, Stephen Guerin wrote:
Nick,

If you have time, beam into Blake Lebaron's talk today and let the "depth of the
order book relating volatility and liquidity" wash over you like some one was
describing potential vorticity or other dynamic of the weather.

  The order book with zero intelligence traders has been a central research
focus of the econophysicists and Doynes group and Blake's early related SFI
stock market model.

Marcus did a bunch of work on this when he was at SFI. any comments?

Stephen

CEO Founder, Simtable.com
stephen.gue...@simtable.com <mailto:stephen.gue...@simtable.com>

Harvard Visualization Research and Teaching Lab
stephengue...@fas.harvard.edu <mailto:stephengue...@fas.harvard.edu>

mobile: (505)577-5828

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: *CDS Department at GMU* <c...@gmu.edu <mailto:c...@gmu.edu>>
Date: Tue, Apr 23, 2024, 9:25 AM
Subject: CDS Friday seminar (CSI 899, CSS 898) for 26 April, 3 PM
To: <cds-seminar-colloquium-announ...@listserv.gmu.edu
<mailto:cds-seminar-colloquium-announ...@listserv.gmu.edu>>

_Speaker_: Blake LeBaron, Brandeis University____

__ __

_Title_: Dynamic Order Dispersion and Volatility Persistence in a Simple Limit
Order Book model____

_Abstract_: This preliminary paper extends the dynamics of a basic stylized limit
order book model introduced in Chiarella & Iori (2002). The original model is
capable of generating some key market microstructure features, but it cannot
recreate longer range persistence in volatility. We explore a very simple and
intuitive addition to the stylized, near zero intelligence behavior of traders that
is capable of delivering persistent volatility. We also show that this strategy
depends critically on certain key features in the dynamics of supply and demand for
liquidity and depth in the limit order book. We believe this is fundamental to
understanding both the dynamics of volatility in financial time series, along with
variations in liquidity in financial markets. We contribute a parsimonious
agent-based model to the literature that may be used as a test bed or sandbox for
developing agents with more complex behavior.____

__ __

Joint work with Andrew Hawley (Federal Reserve), Mark Paddrik (Office of
Financial Research), and Nathan Palmer (Federal Reserve)____

__ __

The views expressed are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily
reflect the position of the Office of Financial Research (OFR), the U.S.
Department of Treasury, or the Federal Reserve Board of Governors.____

__ __

_Date_: Friday, 26 April 2024____

____

_Time_: 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM EST____

____

_Location_: Center on Social Complexity Suite (3rd floor, Research Hall), where
light refreshments will be served, and  online (use the Zoom link below).____

____

****************************************************____

You are invited to a scheduled Zoom meeting____

____

Topic: Friday CDS/CSI/CSS Seminars/Colloquia____

Time: Apr 26, 2024 03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)____

         Every week on Fri, until May 3, 2024____

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your
calendar system.____

Weekly:
https://gmu.zoom.us/meeting/tJMpduquqzMiH9wHevniVsU-366oxXMVsbfq/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCvqjopHNGduByPRowEBoj4b-7wmFxHgvpKtBrzDSllcTa7ZbQUPapHPe7D

Join Zoom Meeting____

https://gmu.zoom.us/j/97413658858?pwd=dE5oc2IyOVA3QXBjdmc0NURCdVZHZz09

Meeting ID: 974 1365 8858____

Passcode: 301532____

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam