On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

>> BTW, maybe I will start
>> using darcs again locally as a way of more easily staging patches.
>
> Why not use git? Not just locally but switch the whole fricas tree at
> sourceforge? Using git is for the basic things that we use as easy as
> using svn. But it would be much easier to keep track of other people's
> work outside of sourceforge.
>
> Comparison GIT -- SVN: http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html

Thanks Ralf that was useful although I did not intend to start a "sccs
war" here. :-) The only reason I can give is a platitude: One should
not use a tool that is more complicated than necessary for the task.
Like svn, git seems too complicated to me. But I am sure it could do
the job and it is fully distributed too.

Regards,
Bill Page.