Am 13.10.2015 um 02:29 schrieb Waldek Hebisch:

>> then it might be easier to drop an anchor there. I'll try to locate the
>> "emission", however, if you already know the location, please let me know.
>
> Actual sending is done via routines named 'sendI', etc.  This is
> done in view2D.spad and view3D.spad.  AFAICS in 2D case
> the actial data is sent by 'sendGraphImage' while 'makeViewport2D0'
> sends metadata.  In 3D case it seems that 'makeViewport3D0'
> sends all data.

Great! That's just what I was looking for. There we might tap the
graphics data, or at least we can rediscover the transmission protocol
(I don't assume this is documented !?).

sendI ==> sockSendInt$Lisp

sayBrightly(["   Graph data being transmitted to the viewport
manager..."::E]$List(E))$Lisp
      sendI(VIEW, typeGRAPH)
      sendI(VIEW, makeGRAPH)
      tonto := (graf.rangesField)::RANGESF