> That's OK, but only holds for system administrators not for developers.
> Otherwise we would still be sitting on trees and eat bananas. ;-)

there are worse things :]

>> Sorry for the inconv-s Kurt
>
> Not your fault. Still, it would be good if I could test that iSPAD
> behaves like AXIOMsys without going through the jupyter notebook.
> Shouldn't iSPAD at least be working on a console.

Remember that iSPAD = AXIOMsys + kernel + ispad-main(connection-file),
wherby the the main function starts its own loop (i.e. using fricas like
a lisp library).
What you still could try is

 $ jupyter console --kernel=ifricas

but I'm afraid you will get the same error as before (in case it works,
Ctrl-D is exit).

>> BTW: are you using docker?
>
> No. Do you think I should develop fricas in a docker image?
Beware, this wasn't the idea. I only asked in case you'll need a
work-around immediately (a docker image of the kernel is auto-built
after git commits).

> Note that I added my mathjax stuff and also have other commits in my
> fricas repository. Using docker with an underlying 14.04 ubuntu makes no
> sense for me.
For development - certainly not.
Or maybe I just don't see what you are actually suggesting.

> Ralf

I'm not happy about the bunch of lisp dependencies and am still looking
for simplifications. I also wondered whether it wouldn't be wiser to
write the kernel in C, inside sman?

Greetings
Kurt