I'm glad that now I have keep up with the whole discussion.

>  I don't think that this is the task of FriCAS. Where would you break a
>  TeX-Equation?

Where would breqn or other systems break a (no tex here) equation?

texbreak can break axiom's subset tex equation,
breqn can break latex equation,
of course fricas can have a domain to decide how to break an equation,
then translate to tex output or 2D output.

texbreak or tex only see expression as a string, then parse it.  Fricas
knows the expression better, and already parsed.

>  That FriCAS would compute the width
>  of tex boxes is not the right thing in my opinion.

Fricas doesn't need to compute the width of boxes as exactly as tex,
just enough to know where to break an expression.
Let a program (I'm talking about you, TeX) that knows nothing about
math but only deals with strings to determine where to break a math
expression, that is not the right thing.