Prof. Dr. Johannes Grabmeier wrote:
> Any hints required: a very strange behaviour in a code, unfortunately
> minimal example tedious to construct. Perhaps somebody has any ideas, if
> not, I will try to construct a minimal example.
>
> The following behaviour, a package with type parameter VEL has several
> functions. All compile (trivial code), while X and YY can be used, the
> call of PhiKG causes the shown error, FriCAS goes in debugging mode, I
> have not the slightest idea what is going on.
>

>  FMRKG ==> FreeModuleRectangleKG(K, G, VEL, V, Y)
>   VR    ==> VelocityRectangle(K, G, VEL, V)
>   Exports ==>  with
>     X : VEL -> VEL
>     Z : (VEL, FMRKG) -> FMRKG
>     ZZ : VEL -> FMRKG
>     YY : FMRKG -> FMRKG
>     PhiKG: VEL -> FMRKG
>

> after the following statement it breaks.
>
> (265) -> PhiKG(V.1)$VFG
>
> debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-CONDITION: break
>
> Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:EXIT) to exit from SBCL.
>
> restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
>   0: [CONTINUE] Return from BREAK.
>
> (|evalSlotDomain| 11 #1=#((|VelocityFunctionKG| #2=(|Fraction|
> #3=(|Integer|)) #4=(|CyclicGroup4d|) #5=(|CyclicTwoDimensionalVelocity|
> #2#) #6=(#7=((0 .

<snip>

>    >> System error:
>    illegal terminating character after a colon: #\Newline
>
>   Stream: #<SYNONYM-STREAM :SYMBOL *TERMINAL-IO* {10001C7323}>

Error is casued by code you did not show.  More precisely,
error is during evaluation of one of domains references by
VelocityFunctionKG.  You can try

)boot dcSlots("VelocityFunctionKG")

and look at slot 11 -- this is the offending domain.
Either this domain or how you use it triggers the error.