Kurt Pagani wrote:

> Today I've compiled svn rev. 2122. Afterwards, while compiling and
> testing some old code, I got the following (runtime) error several times:
>
> Function:  -? : % -> % is missing from domain: NonNegativeInteger
>    Internal Error
>    The function - with signature $$ is missing from domain
>       NonNegativeInteger

A testcase?

> BTW the error doesn't occur when using the release version 1.3 (or
> older), so presumably there were changes to NNI after Sepetember 1.
> Moreover, ')show NNI' now showing strange new functions like
>
>  -? : % -> % if $ has ABELGRP
> ?*? : (Integer,%) -> % if $ has ABELGRP
> ?-? : (%,%) -> % if $ has ABELGRP
>
>  leftPower : (%,PositiveInteger) -> %
>  leftPower : (%,NonNegativeInteger) -> %
>  leftRecip : % -> Union(%,"failed")
>  rightPower : (%,PositiveInteger) -> %
>  rightPower : (%,NonNegativeInteger) -> %
>  rightRecip : % -> Union(%,"failed")

> Before diving into the commit history, I'm just wondering if this
> behavior is already known ...

The "strange" functions presumably are due to unifying associative
and nonassociative worlds (commit from September 7).  There were
some latent bugs which had to be fixed before this passed the
testsuite, but there may be more.

Concerning your problem: this may be latent bug uncovered by
the algebra change.  But also there are some commits affecting
interpteter and Spad compiler.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch