> So we should make a difference between O(1) indexing
> and O(n) indexing.

Yes. And ich somehow tend to do this similarly like noZeroDivisors.

http://fricas.github.io/api/noZeroDivisors.html

It's simply a category that exports nothing else than its own name.
The question, however, is whether we should think a bit further and
check that such an approach does not become to complex if done for other
complexity features.

Ralf