Riccardo GUIDA wrote:

> @ Waldek
>
> > The command line is not representative of FriCAS language.
>
> OK, crystal clear.
>
> The pedagogical problem is that, maybe not to scare the reader, the FricasUG
> is somehow vague on the differences among interpreter and compiler. For
> instance note that the chapter 5 (which raised my questions) is titled
> "Introduction to the FriCAS Interactive Language", while it is presently more
> like an (incomplete) SPAD reference.

You seem to use different terminology.  Spad is language of .spad files.
They are intended for non-interactive use -- basicaly enhancements to
FriCAS library.  Spad is different than language of .input files.
.input files are intended for interactive use.  Now, with "interactive
language" there is some confusion, as functions are normally compiled
while command line gets special treatment.