On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 10:58 AM, Raymond Rogers
<raymond.roger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Since there is a certain flakiness that occurs in my system.  I decided
> to check the installation.  The compile configuration picked up sbcl 1.4.5;
> but I get this error during program runs involving tracing:
>>> System error:
>    The function BOOT::/UNTRACE-2 is undefined.
>
> I recompiled and have the make file output, and, in fact, it has UNTRACE-2
> as undefined.  Does this indicate I have a bad lisp or some such?

It seems this function is indeed undefined, so not a lisp problem.
Can you describe how to trigger this error?

> I have attached some test files that are also mysterious to me. But minor
> changes change the errors and such so a large part is probably my ignorance;
> sort of like quantum mechanics, the bugs are dead and alive.

In your attached file, there is an error in
    facc(n) == if n < 3 then n else n * fac (n - 1)
it should be "facc" instead of "fac", is that intentional?