On 17.02.2019 00:20, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> On 2/16/19 11:40 PM, Kurt Pagani wrote:
>> Hi Ralf
>> I guess "rst" on SF will not diplay properly.
>
> Huh?
>
> rst is a text format that is usually nicely readable also as pure text,
> i.e., not translated into HTML by some converter.

I thought you were interested in the HTML rendered form, displayed on SF ... a
misunderstanding.

> Look at
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hemmecke/fricas-ws/master/README.rst
>
> I would still call this properly readable.

Yes, of course.

>> You could make/select a new branch on github/fricas in the settings, then
>> adding
>> the suffix .rst to the files you mentioned should do (maybe some cosmetics
>> will
>> be necessary, but seems peanuts to me;)
>
> Yeah I could do that on my own clone of FriCAS. I intend to keep
>
> https://github.com/fricas/fricas/
>
> an exact mirror of the SVN repo.
>
> I definitely will not invest time in manually updating the respective
> .rst files if the original .txt file changes.

Understandable ;)

> SVN should go away. I also
> don't think that the sourceforge pages are particularly attractive.

I've been thinking that the problem will sort out itself someday, just because
of the unattractiveness and the tedious advertisments ... being tenacious.

> But it's obviously only me who wants a change. :-(

Not at all. The day will dawn when SF will resign ... principle of least
inherent necessity :)