Hi Kurt!

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  With the patch applied, I obtain:

(1) -> f:=operator 'f

   (1)  f
                                                          Type:
BasicOperator
(2) -> g(x,y) == D(f(x,y), x)
                                                                   Type:
Void
(3) -> G(x,y) == eval(D(f(t,s), t),[t=x,s=y])
                                                                   Type:
Void
(4) -> expr:=D(f(x,y), x, 1);

                                                    Type:
Expression(Integer)
(5) -> function(expr, h, [x,y]);

                                                                 Type:
Symbol
(6) -> [G(x,x), g(x,x), h(x,x)]

   (6)  [f  (x,x), f  (x,x) + f  (x,x), f  (x,x)]
          ,1        ,2         ,1        ,1
                                              Type:
List(Expression(Integer))

(7) -> [interpret(G(x,x)::INFORM), interpret(g(x,x)::INFORM),
interpret(h(x,x)::INFORM)]

   (7)  [f  (x,x), f  (x,x) + f  (x,x), f  (x,x)]
          ,1        ,2         ,1        ,1
                                                              Type:
List(Any)

I think that this is OK, let's look at it in detail.

* G(x,y) == eval(D(f(t,s), t),[t=x,s=y])

D(f(t,s), t) means "consider f as a bivariate function and compute the
derivative with respect to the first variable"
G then evaluates this expression at t=x and s=x.

* g(x,y) == D(f(x,y), x)

g(x,x) means "compute D(f(x,x), x)"

* function(expr, h, [x,y])

I admit that I am not completely sure about the semantics of "function",
but I think it should be roughly equivalent to G.

Maybe you could say what result you would expect?

Best wishes,

Martin