Interesting, now I seem to be in the same situation as Nasser.

I've created a fresh Debian 10 in Virtualbox and try to compile FriCAS from
source.
It stops with

    debugger invoked on a SB-IMPL::SAVE-WITH-MULTIPLE-
THREADS-ERROR in thread

This happens no matter whether I use the debian package for sbcl (1.4.16)
or the latest (binary) 1.5.6 from sbcl.org.

Needless to say that it is not a problem with parallel builds, since my
vbox has only one processor assigned.

Can someone successfully build FriCAS inside VirtualBox? How?

Thank you,
Ralf