> To answer question "what/why takes time" use profiler.  sbcl
> profiler shows that time is spent in factorizer.

Thank you. I think that helps me to continue.

Still I would be interested in how exactly I would have use the profiler
and how to interpret the output.

I used what Qian suggested some time ago

)lisp (require :sb-sprof)
)lisp (sb-sprof:start-profiling)
-- fricas computation here
coerce(c2)$F4
)lisp (sb-sprof:stop-profiling)
)lisp (sb-sprof:report)

But couldn't exactly make sense out of the output.
As far as I can tell it just counts the number of times a certain
function is called, but not the time it spents in a function.

Ralf