On Wed, Jul 07, 2021 at 10:06:03PM -0700, 'Nasser M. Abbasi' via FriCAS -
computer algebra system wrote:
> I noticed that Fricas 1.3.7 intergate (called via sagemath 9.3), is more
> than twice as fast in the independent CAS integration test than integrate
> in 1.3.6 (via sagemath 9.0), all on the same PC. Using Linux on a VBox with
> same memory.

Glad to know this.

> I do not know if this speed up came from improvement in the sagemath to
> Fricas interface, or improvement in Fricas 1.3.7 integration code itself or
> some other parts of Fricas.
>
> Any one noticed this also and could may shed some light on this?  And why
> is it much faster now? I was just wondering what the cause could be. (It is
> ofcourse, very good that integrate command is much faster now).

Well, _you_ have the data.  There are a few bug fixes that could speed
up _some_ long-running integrals quite a lot.  I do not know how many
such integrals are in Rubi testsuite.  If improvement come from small
number of long running integrals, then it is probably due to FriCAS
fixes.  OTOH if it is spread out to all testsuite, then probably is
due to factors outside FriCAS: Lisp compiler, Sage interface, etc.