On Sun, Mar 05, 2023 at 07:08:19PM +0800, Qian Yun wrote:

> What we did before: "(do-symbols (x "FRICAS-LISP") (export (list x)))"
> This line basically exports every symbol from "COMMON-LISP" again in
> "FRICAS-LISP".
>
> This is highly unusual, because normally a package will only export its
> new definitions.

Not at all unusual.  Basically, we want all Common Lisp symbols,
except for few that we do not want (we probably could do with a subset
of Common Lisp symbols.  So we create package that
contains exactly symbols that we need, re-using "COMMON-LISP".

>  And this is where sbcl-2.3.2 breaks: it doesn't export
> the updated "in-package" definition somehow.

Solution for problem should be simple, we need to split 'do-symbols'
loop into two parts, one that creates list of symbols, other that
exports all symbols on the list.  Single loops looks more elegant,
but since sbcl folks do not want to support such use we will change
our code.  There is a little tricky part: normally variables in Lisp
code use new symbols, but we do not want to add symbols before the
'export' loop.

Note: ATM problem showed up when we used 'in-package', but in principle
it could affect other symbols too.