Dear all & especially Dima!

Here is a thread from a previous attempt that might be useful:

https://groups.google.com/g/fricas-devel/c/qYzrY-92Q2A/m/P49CneVKAQAJ

I think it would be best to start with an ECL interface, I would expect
this to be easier and would probably cover a lot of use cases.

I think that the basic design of the current interface is not so bad, it
works relatively reliably.  It should be easy to rewrite it so that
FriCASElement_parse_and_eval is replaced by traversing the InputForm
directly, instead of converting it to a string.  This would solve all the
memory problems.

Best wishes,

Martin