I am forwarding to you the following message from Margie Roswell.
Stephen Meskin

Below are three items connected to the genocide in Darfur, which I thought
would of interest to members and friends of the Baltimore Ethical Society.

 - Info about JHU speaking series, including an event tonight
 - Info about getting to the April 30th rally
 - Web Resources

    JHU Darfur Speaking Series:

    Events are held on the Johns Hopkins  Homewood Campus, 3400 N. Charles
Street, Baltimore, MD.  Please call me on my cell phone at (316) 640-8040
if you need directions.

Patrice Hutton
Students Taking Action Now: Darfur (STAND)
www.standnow.org

    Tuesday April 4, 6 p.m.
    Maryland Hall, Room 110
    Dr. Jerry Ehrlich, a Doctors Without Borders pediatrician, will speak
about his experience in working with children in refugee camps in Darfur.

    Thursday April 6, 8 p.m.
    Mergenthaler Hall, Room 111
    Juan Mendez, the Special Advisor to the Secretary General of the
United Nations on the Prevention of Genocide, will speak about the UN.s
role in the crisis in Darfur on the 12 year mark of the start of the
Rwandan genocide.

Dear BJCC member or Friend of Balto. Jewish Cultural Chavurah,

On Sunday, April 30 there will be a national rally on the Mall in
Washington, D.C. to ACTIVELY oppose the genocide in Darfur and to push our
government to do more to aid its victims.  American Jewish World Service
is a key organizer and Baltimore Jewish Council is devoting a lot of
effort to getting Jews from the Baltimore area to participate.

We encourage as many of you as possible to join us at this rally.  Many
synagogues in the area will have busses going.  Chizuk Amuno, at Stevenson
Rd. and the Beltway, has one bus for non-members and we would like all
"our" folks to take that one.  It will leave at 11 a.m. and return by 7
p.m.  The rally itself is 1:30 -4 p.m.

Please let me know ASAP if you plan to go, as the Chizuk Amuno planners
need to know soon.  I will need your name, address, phone #, e-mail
address and # of people going.  If you cannot respond to me by April 12,
please respond after to Elise Saltzberg at esaltzberg at aol.com or
410-486-3603.

Thanks.  Please feel free to call or e-mail me with any questions.

Bob Jacobson
410-415-5199

--
Marjorie Roswell