1st Saturday Coffee House Jan. 5 at 7:00 pm Special Benefit: Water for the Wells
 Poetry • Music Refreshments • Open Mic • Donation Requested

Baltimore Indymedia writes “Water for the Wells brings together Baltimore poets and musicians who are organizing benefit performances to raise $1,200 to build a single village well in Mali, East Africa. This may only be the beginning, says organizer Marcus Colasurdo.” Performers include BES favorites Karla Mancero and Brian Langston, as well as Mike Monroe, Suzanne Diggs, Alan Barysh, Jasaga, and more.

Jan. 6  Platform 10:30 AM
“Taking Laughter Seriously”  Fritz Williams, Leader of the Baltimore Ethical Society

 *Farewell to John Daken*

Laughter is possibly the most contagious form of pleasure.  It spices up relationships.   It brings down pretensions and puts people at ease.  It works like medicine in times of sadness, anxiety, and grief.  On the most basic level, it is a way of coping with the ultimate absurdity and purposelessness of life.  Fritz Williams includes laughter and a sense of humor in his year-long overview of the good life.

Also Jan. 6: Poetry Group  9:30 AM

And Board Meeting  12:30 PM (all members are welcome)

And Moveable Treats

Bring your desserts with you to our meeting and place them on the table in the corner of our meeting room. If possible use sandwich bags or snack bags to wrap your desserts in serving-size portions and mark them to indicate generally what they are. Also, mark your desserts if they contain nuts or peanuts, and avoid desserts with heavy icings and desserts containing alcohol.

  For more information on these and upcoming activities see our web site: BaltimoreEthicalSociety.org