The weekend starts Saturday, May 22nd at 6:30 pm starting with a pot luck with
Katharine Archibald, Executive Director of the American Ethical Union. Coffee
and tea will be provided; bring a dish to share. Microwaves are available for
reheating. Following the food will be the airing of a historic presentation of
the History of Ethical Culture.  The “Centennial View of Ethical Culture” was
filmed in commemoration of the founding of the American Ethical Union in 1889.
As our Federation of Ethical Societies across the United States, locally,
nationally and globally we share proud and historic traditions as a religious,
educational, cultural and social justice organization.  Our history is perhaps
best expressed by those individuals who reflect the depth of collective thought
which has evolved over nearly 135 years to make Ethical Culture the unique
religion we all share today. Join us to listen and learn from some of those
individuals who were most influential in shaping the
  religious and organizational origins of Ethical Culture.

Sunday, during the platform (starting at 10:30, as usual) Katharine will inform
us about recent developments relative to AEU Leadership Training, new materials
on Societal membership development, the upcoming 2010 AEU Assembly, Lay
Leadership Summer School and religious education for children, youth and young
adults. Katharine is also informed by AEU coalition partners which the American
Ethical Union shares through its multiple relationships with other nontheistic
and interfaith organizations. In extending the voice of Ethical Culture
nationally and globally, her report will also provide an update on AEU
representation at the World Parliament of Religions in Melbourne, Australia and
the involvement of the National Service Conference of the AEU’s involvement in
the Copenhagen Conference on Climate Change and the NSC’s efforts to provide
disaster recovery and emergency relief to Haiti.

I hope to see you at both events!

Karen Elliott
President