Hi

Compared to other Apache projects, FtpServer has slightly odd naming conventions. This has, as I see it, two main drawbacks. It raises the bar for new contributors as they have to adapt to the unusual names, this also includes changing snippet or completion support in the IDEs (for example, Generate Getters and Setters in Eclipse doesn't work). It also increases the amount of work for us as we have to develop our own CheckStyle rules and such. I know this is a bit of religous area but even so, I would like to propose that we adapt the de-facto standard Sun coding conventions within FtpServer. Now that I got committer access I would be happy to start the dirty work of getting us there.

What do you think?

/niklas

-------
Niklas Gustavsson