We use symbolic links to link the same file to more than one user. So the
file actually sits in /files/common/documents/test.txt and is symbolically
linked into /home/userA and /home/userB. For the next version of our code
we intend to implement a custom filesystem that will remove the need for
unix symlinks to achieve the same result.

Best Regards,

Gary Bell

             Nilesh Apte
             <nilesh.apte13@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
                                       "ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org"
             15/12/2011 06:54          <ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

             ftpserver-users@m         Accessing Files from other users
              ina.apache.org           home folder?

Hi:

Can a ftp user access a file from other ftp users' home directory (or
sub directory)?

For example,

1. UserA has his home directory as /home/UserA
2. UserB has his home directory as /home/UserB

3. UserA has a file at following folder location,
*/home/UserA/documents/test.txt*

4. When UserB connect to apache ftp server, he will see "/" (which maps
to /home/UserB) as his root directory.
5. Can UserB issue "*GET /home/UserA/documents/test.txt*" to retrieve
the file?

I tried "running ftp server stand alone in 5 minutes" link, and this
seems to be not supported out of the box.
I get "550 ... : No such file or directory" error.

What is the recommended/best way to share files between various ftp users?

Thanks,
Nilesh.