Em 24/03/2014 07:06, Niklas Gustavsson escreveu:
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Stefan Rönisch <sroeni...@axway.com> wrote:
Hi, is there a change to distinguish an incomplete transfer and a complete
one on server side, generally?
<http://dict.leo.org/ende/index_de.html#/search=distinguish&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on>As
far as I know a ftp client opens the data channel for uploading a file
(passiv mode).
The ftp client signals the end of data transfer by closing the data channel.
But there is no check, if the file is complete!!!

Some ftp clients like filezilla support to abort an active file transfer by
just closing the data channel.

So there is no chance to distinguish an incomplete transfer and a complete
one on server side, am I right?

For that reason you need an additional acknowledgment from the client.
For example the client could transfer a file with extentsion '.tmp' an
rename it, if it's transfered completely.
Right?
All correct.

/niklas

Knowing that client side has finished the connection (or droped, in anyway) is enough for me. After upload is finished (in any way), I'll trigger a process to read the file, and it will also check if the file is incomplete (but this is in my own logic - I had to do that with vsftp anyway).

Thanks,
--

*Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter*
/Sistemas para Bibliotecas, Escolinhas Infantis