Hi Leif, Please see FX's excellent coverage on this issue. Sure, I could/should post what version I'm working on, but this is private, personal research, hence the vaugue description. Plus, I _know_ there are plenty of folks out there _much_ smarter than myself on this kind of research, so I'm just posting a "Hey, I'm seeing this, anyone else?"
Folks, give "debug kernel" a try like FX mentioned and see what happens. It worked with "debug k" on my version I'm working on, but that's a Cisco question I guess. Kindest regards, --scm Shawn Merdinger Independent Security Researcher VoIPninja.com On 8/1/07, Leif Sawyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > You didn't mention what version of IOS, nor what type of router. > > InetSadcLabGw-1>ena > Password: > InetSadcLabGw-1#debug k? > kerberos kron > > InetSadcLabGw-1#debug k > % Ambiguous command: "debug k" > InetSadcLabGw-1#sho ver > > Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software > IOS (tm) s6523_rp Software (s6523_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version > 12.2(18)ZU1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) > > > And it seems that you should have. > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf > > Of Shawn Merdinger > > Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 8:15 AM > > To: [email protected] > > Subject: [Full-disclosure] "debug k" freezing Cisco routers? > > > > Hi All, > > > > At level 15 permissions, when I enter "debug k" on the CLI > > the router freezes immediately, requiring a manual reboot. > > > > While not a vulnerability per se, perhaps something to keep > > in mind from the fat-finger risk? > > > > Anyone else seeing this? > > > > Kindest regards, > > --scm > > > > > > Shawn Merdinger > > Independent Security Researcher > > VoIPninja.com > > > > _______________________________________________ > > Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. > > Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html > > Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ > > > _______________________________________________ Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
