On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 08:44:02AM -0700, Jim Duggan wrote: > I have a few customers using various dell PCs, and it seems upon booting > up with a HP all-in-one printer attached to the USB port the PC attempt > to boot off the printer, causing boot times to exceed 20 minutes. > Obviously its timing out after said time but im wondering what the hell > makes the dell bios think it can boot off the printer, my only > assumption would be the smart card reader. Wondering if anyone else has > experienced something like this and if so could give a little more > insite. I dont see anything short of a bios upgrade from dell fixing > this, as of now i just have the customer unplugging the printer upon > reboots as a temp workaround.
I think at that time I resolved it by turning off support for legacy USB applications on the BIOS, or something like that. Just go to the BIOS, and check the settings for the USB. _______________________________________________ Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html
