Since my last post, I have learned from Andrew Nacin (the lead developer of
WordPress and security team member that I was corresponding with) that my
emails weren't ignored, they were lost to an aggressive spam filter.

Despite this, he has admitted fault for not following up on the bug report.

Before the spam filter blackholed my emails, I was communicating with the
security team about a separate enhancement (using openssl to sign their
auto-update packages with an offline key so if wordpress.org gets 0wned it
doesn't propagate to countless blogs being compromised), and failed to
communicate that I still considered the lack of a CSPRNG an issue.

Nacin also had this to say about the matter:
https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28633#comment:25

Although my words were harsh, they were not entirely deserved. Nacin's not
the asshole he appeared to be.