Le 23/10/2014 17:40, Marco Gaiarin a écrit :

Cleaned a bit my environment, i want to do some serious work with
network discovery and SNMP.

But still i'm frustrated on that, because i was not able to make it
work, and, worst, i was not able to understand how it work.

Base system: GLPI 0.84.7, FI 1:2.3.9.1-1 on debian wheezy.
2.3.9 is obsolete, current version is 2.3.12. Given the amount of changes in this part of the code, you should really update.

For now, i've understood that:

1) i can setup an 'inventory task' on GLPI that can be binded to a
  particular agent instance/host, and that run the discovery against the
network.
The same result is achived running 'fusioninventory-netdiscovery', eg
running the task against one of my switches:

  root@lupus:~# fusioninventory-netdiscovery --verbose --first 10.5.1.210
--last 10.5.1.210
[..]
and this is good, also seems to work on GLPI (eg, on my device i've
some ''fusioninventory data''). Perfectly.
The purpose of a discovery task is to discover what's on your network. If you already know, you may as well creates the GLPI entry manually, and skip this step.

2) after that, you can bind another task, the 'netinventory' one, that
  scan all the SNMP data and import it in GLPI, the ''static'' one
(number of ports, ...) and the dynamic one (MAC address connected,
counters, ...).
Again this task can be schaduled, also binding it to a particular
agent/host, but also run manually with 'fusioninventory-netinventory'.

But this seems not to work. If i run:
        fusioninventory-netinventory --verbose --host 10.5.1.210

i get rougly the same data of the previous 'netdiscovery' task,
while if i run a snmpwalk i get:

        snmpwalk -Os -c public -v 1 10.5.1.210 > /tmp/ttt
        root@lupus:~# wc -l /tmp/ttt
        32886 /tmp/ttt

What i'm missing?! Thanks.
I think you're affected with a bug I just found yesterday, affecting SNMPv1 multiple-values queries. You can easily workaround the issue with SNMPv2, ie: fusioninventory-netinventory --verbose --credentials version:2c,community:public --host 10.5.1.210

As an alternative, use git version, or appply this patch:
https://github.com/fusinv/fusioninventory-agent/commit/963d9210b8aa53ea770baa58d9a56dfa13d7395d
--
Guillaume