Jonathan,

I would suggest utilizing the FusionPro ability to collect fonts from
the FP Desktop template and use those fonts in a FP Server composition.

This is a very powerful and I believe industry unique capability that we
have in our FusionPro technology.  We actually use this font technology
in our FusionPro Web system and it's very reliable.  It provides you
with some great benefits including:

- Automate font hand-off from Desktop to Server (without needing to
install any fonts on the Server).  No IT Admins required.

- Use the exact font in the Server composition that was used in the
Desktop composition.  As we all know, just because 2 fonts are called
"Helvetica" doesn't mean they are the exact same font.  We solve this
issue and you get the EXACT font glyph and kerning info that was on the
Desktop computer with the Server composition.

- Cross-platform PS Type 1, OTF, and TTF fonts!!  This is a huge benefit
to our users.  We use some proprietary technology to allow Mac fonts
used in Desktop to be used in Server compositions (which is on the
Windows platform).

So how do you use it?  The workflow is pretty simple:

1) In FP Desktop, after the template has been created and is ready to be
placed on FP Server, run a "Collect" process.

2) In the collect dialogue, make sure that the "Fonts" checkbox is
selected.  You will see a resulting file called "Assets.dat" that is
created after the collect process is complete.

3) Upload the job to your Server.  Ensure that the Assets.dat file for
this job is in the same location as the DIF file.

Now when you compose that job, the font information will be extracted
from the Assets.dat file and used in the composition.

If you would like to rename Assets.dat or move it to a location other
than where the DIF file is, you can also do this.  You just need to add
a specific reference to that new location and file name in your CFG file
like so:

ExternalAssets=d:\myjob\assets.dat

Hope this help you, Jonathan.

--Mark Hilger
  Product Manager
  Printable Technologies, Inc.

--
Users of FusionPro Desktop have unlimited free email support. Contact Printable
Support at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
You are currently subscribed to fusionpro as: archive@mail-archive.com