Hello!
I have been away for a long time now.
And I will go on writing about the things that I used to write about.
I have written several times about the plans to transform at least
10% of the paid working hours of everybody into education. There is
now a study or report about this work on the web, for those who read
Norwegian. It is to be found at URL:http://odin.dep.no/nou/. It is
nou1997:25, and called "Ny kompetanse. There is a paper version of
this report too. The report is made by a group established by the
government. I have got it, but I have not yet read it. Among other
things must new types of pedagogy be developed that is different from
those used in traditional school. The leader of the Confederation of
trade unions, Yngve Haagensen, says that this will be one of the most
important issues at the collective bargainings this spring.

In many European countries they go for shorter work weeks.
In Norway the trade unions say that only parents with children and
other persons that take care of people who cannot make it on their
own ought to have shorter work weeks.
The ordinary thing shall be that the workers take more and more
control over their own working time by transfering it to time for
education and development according to their own wishes.
Looks nice to me! What do you think? Should the workers go for
shorter workweeks or try to take control over their paid working
hours and use them for their own learning and development?

This will be coming slowly. The idea about this came at a time when
the unemployment rate in Norway was up to 10%, but today the
unemployment rate is hardly 4%. One reason to this idea was to create
new jobs for the unemployed, but today they are rather few. But that
does not mean that this idea is put away, only that the
implementation might be a bit more slowly.

My old email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED] is gone. It was a BBS
that I was running as a hobby to learn about Linux, but today I only
see that computer a few times each month, so I have closed that BBS
down.

All the best from

Tor Forde
email: