---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 14:31:31 -0800 (PST)
From: FringeWare News Network <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "M. Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: CULTJAM - Buy Nothing Day

Sent from: "M. Anderson"  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 11:35:13 -0800
> From: Kono Matsu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Buy Nothing Day

Dear Culture Jammer,

A while ago, you filled out a form. You volunteered to lend your time,
energy and creativity to campaigns around the most crucial issues of our
time. You were one of over five hundred people to do so.

Buy Nothing Day is coming up on November 28th. We have raised $3,500 so far
to buy one 30-second spot on the CNN Headline News during the week leading
up to November 28th. With your support, we are hoping to buy ten more --
please pass the word around to your your well-off friends... let's invade
the command centers of our consumer culture with this spot.

You can view the spot on our website (www.adbusters.org) in Quicktime or
RealVideo. Here, you can also find more information on how to secure
commercial or public access airtime in your area. If you succeed in
securing airtime, e-mail me and I'll send you a 3/4" or Beta-SP
broadcast-quality tape free of charge.

Also at www.adbusters.org, you'll find downloadable Buy Nothing Day
posters, Christmas Gift Exemption Vouchers... e-mail me your address if you
want to receive a 11" x 17" colour poster which photocopies beautifully.

I'll be in touch again before Fashion Bashin' week (February 4-10), TV
turnoff week (April 22-28) and Voodoo At The Summit in June.

Happy Buy Nothing Day!

Kono Matsu

        "Revolution is not showing life to people, but making them live"
                                                -- Guy Debord
                    The shining hope for a revolution in human consciousness
                                lies in the actions of everyday people.