Dear Barry,

I followed your advise and went to your web page and read your article on
"durability."  I'm very impressed.  You make excellent points, in fact if I
have one tiny complaint, it is that I will have to read it several times to
fully absorb all the implications.  This is good thinking.

I can remember my grandfather, who went through the 30's as a farmer,
constantly fixing the old tractor even though he had money to buy a new
one.  He went through an experience that taught him the value of durability
and for most people who deal directly with the real world, things are not
valued for their price as much as for their utility and durability.  Much
of this has been forgotten as we have focused on ever increasing production
and model changes with only incremental gains in utility and durability.

I would be very interested to see you comment more on this list and engage
the opinions of some other members.  This is an idea that could grow,
especially in the climate of the Koyota Environmental Summit.

Respectfully,

Thomas Lunde

PS  Good writing style, I enjoyed reading your article.