At 8:53 AM -0500 1/1/99, Thomas Lunde wrote:

>Dear Ray:
>
>I have touched on some of the ideas you mentioned but I wonder if you
>could
>suggest a reading list on the Cherokee History and on Georgist Thought.
>
>Respectfully,
>
>Thomas Lunde

I can answer re Georgist thought. The best book is George's Progress &
Poverty, which is a great read as well as being a brilliant polemic.
There are many modern books. Some of the best are written or edited by
Mason Gaffney (e.g. the Corruption of Economics), Robert V. Andelson
and Fred Harrison. The Robert Schalkenbach Foundation, 149 Madison Ave,
Suite 601, NY, NY 10016-6713, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> offers an exhaustive
catalogue of books by and about Henry George and his legacy.

Caspar Davis