I think the issues in genetic engineering are not whether it is moral or
diabilical, but the introduction of hitherto unknown elements into the
natural world - mixing genes from different species in one organism. It is
not at all far fetched to imagine new human genetic diseases being
introduced from donor species, in the process of "curing" human diseases.
In the quest for perfection - but more realistically in the quest for new
markets - many new problems (with which we will have no experience) will be
introduced to complement the old ones that we are familiar with.

David Burman
University of Toronto