Colleagues:

I offered to post the following to FUTUREWORK and the reporter said sure.
In addition to the story inquiry  which follows, she also requested:
"[FUTUREWORK] might be helpful as a source to gauge general interest in the
4-day week, if it's been talked about before....Anyone who has opinions on
the subject is welcome to write to tell me about their reasons and how
previous discussions have gone."

2. FOUR-DAY WORK WEEK - CHICAGO TRIBUNE (IL). Barbara Brotman is
working on a story about the possibility of a four-day work week. Will
this ever become the standard? She would like to hear from a labor
historian who can discuss the possibilities and implications of this,
as well as when the five-day work week became the standard, what was
done before the five day week, etc. What would the impact on the
economy be? Employment rates? Etc. Needs leads by January 25. Email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [T::1/20:3592]

Peter Seidman, Dissemination Program Director
National Center for Research in Vocational Education
University of California at Berkeley
2030 Addison St., Suite 500
Berkeley, CA  94720-1674

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>