I've just seen a report (BBC2 Correspondent) from Pakistan.
Hundreds of women are killed every year ( I missed the figure
but just one regional hospital was getting cca 10 cases a week, of
which one cca survives)
 by male relatives who go free or are in prison at most for a
year. Because they defended the family's honour. The sins of the
women - lots of them just 15 years old children or younger - are,
that they wanted to visit their mother, or did not fancy the old man
chosen for them as husband, or was alleged to see a male. No proof
necessary.
Women who kill their husbands in self defence get the death penalty.
There is universal illiteracy of women, they have no idea if
they were sold into legit marriages or not.  The favourit mode of
 killing women is burning alive, after kerosen being poured over them.
Kosovo is terrible. This is 100 times worth, just looking at the
numbers of terrifying death and the numbers suffering.
The men use the Koran as an excuse.

It is a fundamental human right to walk free, to choose who you want
to marry and self-defence when attacked.

The West does NOTHING, there is appearantly not one state that is
complaining about human rights abuses in Pakistan.
I am in a state of shock and I thought I can't be anymore.

Eva

[EMAIL PROTECTED]