Dear Co-operators and friends, all,

*********************
----------
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.brian.)

>Terry Leahy (Chair, Tesco) earned £671,000 in 1998        (Tesco is one of
the UK's largest supermarket chains.)

**************************

I wrote:

**************************

!!!!!!! Earned ??????

Or got ??????

It was the night-shift (and etc) who did the earning.

(And what of the shareholders cut ?? )

**************************

And, then,

Carl wrote as below.:

>miaow! ;-)

**************************

And, so:

I now write:

Firstly - thanks to Carl for this prompting.

Secondly, I accept that my comments, above, might appear as The Politics of
Envy.

I hope, however, to take this to deeper places:

a) Ineqality is bad for the physical, mental and spiritual health of *all*
the members of a society (check the first and last paragraphs of Richard
Wilkinson's 'Unhealthy Societies')

b) The (unthinking?) pressure creating inequality is *the* automatic process
of capitalism - what Vaclav Havel calls "auto-totality"  - a totalitarianism
where there is no physical dictator (see Sharif Abdullah's, recent,
'Creating
a World Theat Works For All.')

c) This "auto-totality" is, for me, the combination of capitalism's two
linked drivers:

    firstly, wealth concentration

and, then,

    further use of the profits that, then, flow from ownership of that
concentration

(These form the two components of power concentration) that, *when put
together*  is so frightening about
capitalism - the "auto-totality of whic Vaclav Havel speaks.)

Thus, we *must,* as co-operators, work to dissolve away the *two* elements
of
power concentration - the mechanisms by which wealth is concentrated *and*
also
the further use to which those concentrations are put.

In other words, our task is to re-mutualise ownership of land and productive
resources, which we *can do,* peacefully, by returning money to its proper
use
as a *shared* measuring device (see Alan Watts, quoted in the first chapter
- The
Absurdity of it all - in Peter Lang's 'LETs Work: Rebuilding the Local
Economy.')

Thanks, again, Carl !

Co-op-ly hugs, to, for and from, all,

BTWs:

    The best book I know on power is Ken Galbraith's 'The Anatomy of Power.'

And,

    All this is the (??!!) reasoning for our Campaign for Interest-Free
Money,
since taking hold of money's power is *the* route to remutualising the other
two.

More hugs !!