I would not like to see the WTO scuttled or backed off into a small corner,
though I do recognize that it is flawed as it currently exists.  How might
it be fixed?  In column in the Globe and Mail recently, Sylvia Ostry
suggested that we need a WEO to handle global environmental issues and a
revived or empowered ILO to handle global labour issues.  And on the matter
of negotiation and dispute resolution between rich countries and poor, a
special fund might be established which ensures a more level playing field.
But I'm probably dreaming in technicolour here.

Ed Weick