The medico-industrial complex peddled osteoporosis tests/pills by writing
> In Parade Magazine, March 19, 2000,

> Debbie Reynolds, 67, actress-singer
>
> "I was asked to be a spokesperson for osteoporosis but didn't quite
> understand it. Then I took the bone density test and found that I do
> have osteoporosis! I was shocked, having been a dancer, an athlete, a
> swimmer my whole life.

No big surprise, since osteoporosis is mainly caused by wrong nutrition.
A Swiss consumer health magazine recently reported that the high consumption
of phosphoric acid, in soft-drinks such as Coke, has caused a true epidemic
of osteoporosis (the phosphoric acid leaks calcium out of bones).  Another
factor is meat consumption, leading to chronic acidosis with a similar effect.
A study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health found a dose-response
relationship between Coca-Cola consumption and the likelihood of breaking
bones.  There are kids who break bones from simple falls, because they have
consumed 3 litres of Coke per day.

HTH,
Chris