Brian McAndrews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Wrote
and
Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Replied

I appreciate the exchange below. It seems to me that the teaching of
culture is the inculcation of what we used to call morality. The unwritten
rules and laws of behaviour (mental and physical) that are communicated
more by practice than by curriculum. Since the rules were inculcated by
osmisis, so to speak, they served until experience either validated or
invalidated them.

The watershed occured in my opinion during the 60's when both the
authoritative and the authoritarian were rejected. The veracity of moral
laws was rejected unless they could be validated.

That was a reversal of traditional process when moral law was accepted
unless it could be invalidated.

With society's love affair with the TV, the proving ground has ben removed.
The resultant loss of social "self government" has created a vacume that is
being filled by the writing into statute law what more property belongs in
the realm of moral law, where the practice of it is modified to suit its
time and place.

Ed G
end