How do characterize the SEC? (securities and exchange)  Hidden fist or
constantly in view....or both?

-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Pollard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 6, 2005 2:34 PM
To: Cordell, Arthur: ECOM; 'Brad McCormick, Ed.D.';
futurework@fes.uwaterloo.ca
Subject: RE: [Futurework] Those NYT liberals who don't understand
howfreemarket works

Arthur,

The market is a peaceful coming together of cooperating
people.

If there are people who are not so peaceful, then policing
is necessary.

But the police are not a "hidden fist". In fact it is better
if they are constantly in view to dissuade the barbarians.

So Friedman's quote is nonsense masquerading as the
profound.

Harry

Henry George School of Social Science
of Los Angeles