Dear friends,

When I met my second cousin Ray Evans Harrell for the first time as an adult
in 1999 or 2000, he invited me to log onto FW and listen to what he promised
was invigorating and exceptional debate among a variety of voices, separated
by distance but gathered in their common curiosity and interests. I have
enjoyed this relationship, learning a great deal about economics, science
and the backstory and conflicts to our working world that I would never have
discovered on my own.

Additionally, the collective wisdom shared here provided me what could only
be matched in graduate courses or seminars. The backgrounds and life
experiences around this circle made this a place I wanted to listen, learn
and contribute. Thank you for the opportunity to discuss and evolve in this
circle.

In fact, the Casey Reports are actually an outgrowth of my postings here on
numerous topics, contributing what I hoped was relevant content for some, if
not all, that would hopefully spark conversations.

But it is time for me to leave. I will continue cyber-harvesting my weekly
Casey Reports and write occasional Scanning the Horizon posts. If any of you
not already signed on are interested in getting either of those private
email lists, you know how to contact me.

I made some true friends here, and learned from all of you. My best regards
to all of you.

Be Well.

Karen