On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 11:11:56PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 06:07:44PM -0400, Dan Espen wrote:
> > Dominik Vogt <dominik.v...@gmx.de> writes:
> > > By the way, does anybody know what this "infostore" stuff is
> > > about?
> >
> > Thomas does, but just in case he doesn't find his own email...
> >
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/fvwm-workers@fvwm.org/msg02706.html
> >
> > Seems reasonable, but I suggest, from infostore.h:
> >
> >   MetaInfo *new_metainfo(void);
> >   void insert_metainfo(char *, char *);
> >   char *get_metainfo_value(const char *);
> >   void print_infostore(void);
> >
> > the new, insert and get functions should all
> > use the word "infostore", not "metainfo".
>
> Hm, is this in a stable release already?  I find the syntax a bit
> clumsy (the name is not very intuitive, and $[infostore....] is so
> much to type), and if while we're rewriting the parser we might
> clean that up as well.

I don't mind.  But I certainly _dislike_ the ridiculous tokens we have
now in terms of w.<foo>, i.<foo>, etc., etc.  I'd much rather we
deferred that part until much later on, as I've a few notes regarding
expansion versus information coming out of fvwm (and how that's stored
in fvwm, etc.)

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)