Different approach at fixing the warning.  Hopefully this one
works without removing any "uninitialised variable" warnings.  The
macro SUPPRESS_UNUSED_VAR_WARNING(var) from config.h is used to
remove the "set but not used" warning in the discussed case.

I've forced a new version of the branch replacing the old one.

Plese double check this is sensible.

>       * fvwm/session.c (SessionInit, set_sm_properties): Fix warnings.
>       * fvwm/frame.c (frame_prepare_animation_shape)
>       (frame_setup_shape): Fix warnings.
>       * fvwm/icons.c (CreateIconWindow): Fix warnings.
>       * fvwm/add_window.c (setup_style_and_decor): Fix warnings.
>       * fvwm/events.c (_handle_cr_on_shaped): Fix warnings.
>       * configure.ac: Add helper macro SUPPRESS_UNUSED_VAR_WARNING to fake
>       using a variable and its value in certain hard to fix places.
>       * fvwm/menus.c (size_menu_vertically): Fix write access to read-only
>       location with gettext.
>
> libs:
>       * fsm.c (SaveYourselfPhase2ReqProc, SaveYourselfDoneProc)
>       (NewConnectionMsg): Fix warnings.
>       * FGettext.c (FGettextInit): Fix warnings.
>       * FImage.c (FGetFImage): Fix warnings.
>       * Fft.c (FftGetFont): Fix warnings.
>       * FRender.c (FRenderVisualInit, FRenderCreateShadePicture)
>       (FRenderTintPicture, FRenderTintRectangle, FRenderRender): Fix
>       warnings.
>       * FScreen.c (FScreenInit): Fix warnings.
>       * Ficonv.c (is_translit_supported, convert_charsets): Fix warnings.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--

Dominik Vogt