Hi, I just took a bit of a deeper look into the problems setting the icon
title again. After some digging through the code I spotted that the primary
thing that changed from 2.6.3 (where Icon titles last worked for me) to the
version in git was that the order of calls

                EWMH_SetVisibleName(fw, True);
                BroadcastWindowIconNames(fw, False, True);

were inverted from 2.6.3 to git master. I experimentally inverted them
again and setting icon titles worked.

I have not really understood the semantics of the calls (I am an
administrator, not a programmer ;), but maybe this sheds some light into
this long standing cause of grief.

If I can do anything more to help solving the problem tell me.

cu

AW
--
[...] If you don't want to be restricted, don't agree to it. If you are
coerced, comply as much as you must to protect yourself, just don't support