On 06 May 2001 14:03:09 +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> > > The problem is that there are no irrelevant conditions.  When fvwm
> > > encounters a string that does not match any of the predefined
> > > tokens in a condition, it is taken as the name/class/resource of a
> > > window.  In the case of the lines above fvwm has looked for
> > > windows with the title "!Iconify" (and has silently ignored the
> > > CurrentScreen part).  So the correct lines are
> > >
> > > Key Tab A M  Next (!Iconic CurrentPage) Focus
> > > Key Tab A MS Prev (!Iconic CurrentPage) Focus
> > >
> > > (or CurrentDesk instead of CurrentPage).
> >
> > I believe that this is not the problem, as I have tried it also with the
> > simpler condition '(*)'.
>
> Believe it or not, it *is* the problem ;-)  But what I said was not
> 100% correct.  "!Iconify" matches any string in title/class/resource
> except "Iconify" of course.  I guess you did not try the lines I
> wrote.  They do work as expected.

The Tzafrir's problem is stopping circulation, not incorrect windows in
circulation.

Your lines work of course, but only if there are no windows on the way
that do not accept focus, like FvwmPager, as I wrote in my messages.

If you want to reproduce the Tzafrir's problem, execute in FvwmConsole:

  Style xclock CirculateHit
  Exec exec xclock
  # Yes, conditions are not correct, just to show they are not the problem
  Key Tab         A       M       Next (!Iconify CurrentScreen) Focus
  Key Tab         A       MS      Prev (!Iconify CurrentScreen) Focus

Regards,
Mikhael.