On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 11:37:09AM +0200, Olivier Chapuis wrote:
> Hello,
> I do not know if we have to take care of that now.
> Moreover, this problem is maybe a bug of the applications
> and not a FVWM bug (I do not know).
> Here the problem.
> Say that we have a NeverFocus window A and a window B with the
> focus (say SloppyFocus and ClickToFocusClickRaise).
> Now if I pop up (and pop down) a menu of the window A (override redirect),
> then some times:
>    (i) window B lost the keyboard input (always happen if A is a qt app)
>    (ii) I cannot raise window B by clicking inside it (tested with Xemacs)

I tried this out and can reproduce (ii) (fixed) but not (i). I
tried with kedit, kfm, kmag and xterm for window A and FvwmConsole
and xemacs for window B.  I opened various menus of A, but I never
saw any problem with the focus.  I started testing this thoroughly
only after I wrote the fix for (ii), so the problem may have gone
away in the wake of the patch, but I don't believe it.  Can you
give more details?