Mikhael Goikhman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I want to adapt run_man2html.sh to man2html which is included with man on
> some linux systems. It is in fact cgi script that generates http headers
> too (which are stripped). I am leaving the current functionality, so
> run_man2html.sh auto-detects man2html and works with what is installed.
>
> The output is different from what we have now by the following:
>
>   * it looks more like html, not man, i.e. <pre> is not used globally
>   * real bold and italic used instead of colors (colors may be added too)
>   * subsection index is generated with proper links inside the document
>   * links to http://, ftp:// and mail address strings are added
>   * other minor differences, say the date inside the man page is displayed
>
> There are several problems, but they may be fixed by adding pre-filters
> and post-filters using pipe.
>
> I added colors using <style>, looks ok for me in browsers supporting css,
> but they may be turned off completely if real bold and italic are used.
>
> I would give it a try, then we may compare, discuss.

run_man2html currently uses man2html.  On my system, thats
currently man2html version 1.2.

man2html 1.2 uses bold and italic by default.
I didn't like the way it looked and added the arguments:

   -belem 'font color="cyan"'
   -uelem 'font color="yellow"'

man2html 1.2 will generate headers by default, but I wanted more
control so I added "-bare".

By all means, go ahead and see what improvements you can make.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]