On 11:21 19 Apr 2002, tim phipps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
|       configure bombs out becasue /bin/sh on Solaris 2.5 doesn't
|       do [ -e "$PERL" ]
|
|       -f works for me but it's probably not the right thing because
|       that just tests for a regular file.

-x (executable regular file) and -d (directory) are also fairly specific
and portable, depending what you're testing.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

..to know him was to love him. And to love him was to know him. Those who
know him LOVED him - while those who did not know him, loved him from afar...
        - Data/Graves, "The Schizoid Man", stardate 42437.5