On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 04:12:22PM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> What do these error messages try to tell me:
>
> --
> [FvwmButtons][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: ERROR -- Cannot set locale. Please
> check your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.
> [FvwmPager][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: ERROR -- Cannot set locale. Please
> check your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.
> Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
> [FvwmPager][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: ERROR -- Cannot set locale. Please
> check your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.
> [FvwmIconMan][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: ERROR -- Cannot set locale. Please
> check your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.
> Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
> --
>
> This is what I have set:
>
>   $ locale
>   LANG=C
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It means that the libc function setlocale return a NULL pointer
when it is call as setlocale(LC_TYPE, ""). My libc manual says that:

- Passing "" means to read the appropriate environment variable and use
its value to select the locale for LC_CTYPE.
- If you specify an invalid locale name, `setlocale' returns a null
pointer and leaves the current locale unchanged.

So it seems to me that the locale [EMAIL PROTECTED] is not supported by
your libc. This seems strange and IMHO your system is miss-configured.
Maybe your locale definitions of [EMAIL PROTECTED] (found somewhere
under (/usr/share/locale/) is incomplete or does not match your libc.
Maybe you have upgraded your libc without upgrading your locales
(or inversely).

Olivier